Our container deposit scheme – Containers for Change – starts on Tuesday, 2 June 2020.
Western Australians will be able to take their empty beverage containers to a refund point and receive 10 cents for every eligible container returned.
The scheme aims to:
- increase recovery and recycling of empty beverage containers;
- reduce the number of empty beverage containers that are disposed of as litter or to landfill;
- ensure that first responsible suppliers of beverage products take product stewardship responsibility;
- provide opportunities for social enterprise and benefits for community organisations;
- create opportunities for employment; and
- complement existing collection and recycling activities for recyclable waste.
Containers for Change is run by WA Return Recycle Renew – a not-for-profit company responsible for establishing the collection network and managing its day-to-day operation.
Visit the Containers for Change website for refund point locations and consumer information.
Visit the WARRRL website for business participation information
and to register your interest in becoming a donation point.
Go to the DWER CDS page for CDS regulatory information.